Beachcities Job Opportunities
Every Beachcities staff position is more than a 9-5 job. We look for self-starters that passionate about helping people in Huntington Beach (and beyond!) find Christ and grow. If any of the open positions below seem to line up with your skills, passions, and goals, we’d love to hear from you! If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
Current Job Openings
How to apply (please read carefully, incomplete applicants will not be considered)
If you are interested in any of the open positions, please do the following:
- Review the job posting in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Marissa Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview. Due to the high volume of applicants, please allow us time to review your resume before contacting us on the status of your application.
- If your application is disqualified, you will be notified via email.
Job Title: Operations Director
Job Status: Full Time; Salaried
Reports to: Church Administrator
Direct Reports: It Director, Cleaning Crew Director, Facilities Director, Accountant, Office Assistant, Database Administrator, Security Coordinator, Hospitality Coordinator
Job Scope/Description: Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s operational policies, objectives, initiatives. By leading and managing staff and volunteers to oversee the following areas: Facilities, Cleaning Crew, Maintenance, IT, Finances, Human Resources, Property Management, Office Assistant, and Database Administrator. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Strategic Development and Performance Management
• Development of the annual budget and cash flow planning
• Research, develop and implement multi-campus strategic plan
• Work with and develop personnel for key areas
Financial Management and Accounting
• Oversee staff who processes income, invoices and payroll
• Manage and oversee monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements
• Manage HR administration including policies and time-off
• Review and manage employee benefits
• Perform and/or oversee budget analysis
Facilities Operations and Management
• Manage staff who oversees building maintenance and security
• Hire, contract and manage third party vendors including but not limited to alarm company and landscaping
• Lead and manage staff and volunteers who oversee maintenance and janitorial
• Implement and manage building, room use and room configuration systems
• Lead and manage staff and volunteers who oversee greeters, ushers, parking, security and hospitality.
• Oversee the ordering and tracking of supplies and equipment
Business Development and Management
• Manage administrative office environment and personnel
• IT development, implementation and management
• Develop and implement policies, procedures and form documents
• 3-5 related experience required, preferably management experience.
• Bachelors Degree minimum
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Strong background in operations, financial management, IT and accounting
• Strong people skills
• Smart and strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Entrepreneurial spirit and experience within professional services field
• Experience with Business and Accounting software
Job Title: Adult Ministry Director
Reports to: Church Administrator
Direct Reports: Programming Coordinator, Small Groups Director, Women’s Ministry Director, 1-1 Care Coordinator, ROF Volunteer Leads, Men’s Ministry Volunteer Leads
Job Scope/Description: Leads and manages staff and volunteers that oversee programs and events that cater to the spiritual needs of adults in the church.
• Participates in preaching rotation
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for adult discipleship
• Coordinate additional events like weddings, funerals, etc.
• Lead the staff/volunteers who oversee the following programming:
- New Believer’s class/small groups
- Adult baptism
- Churchwide adult assimilation
- Small Groups
- Women’s ministry
- Men’s ministry
- Care ministries
- ROF Ministry
- Additional programming including conferences and classes.
• Bachelors Degree required
• 5+ years of ministry experience
• 3+ years of management/leadership experience
Job Title: Cleaning Crew Director
Department: Operations Department
Job Status: Full Time; Hourly
Reports to: Operations Director
Direct Reports: Cleaning Crew
Job Scope/Description: Manage, lead and direct the Cleaning Crew who is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the church and offices, provide general custodial services, prepare the building for daily ministry programming and provide support for churchwide events.
• Recruit, hire, train and manage a full Cleaning Crew.
• Keep the church facility clean, attractive, and well-maintained, inside and out, ensuring clean, safe, and engaging environments.
• Set up and prepare the church for ministry events including but not limited to weekend services, mid-week programming and special events both onsite and offsite.
• Maintain cleaning supply inventory.
• Maintain online church facility calendar.
• Possess a high school diploma or hold a general education degree (GED) certificate.
• Be a self-starter and able to work independently (unsupervised).
• Be in good physical health.
• Be flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of church activities.
• Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Able to utilize church software.
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Communications Director
Description: Incorporating current design trends and Beachcities brand standards into unique layouts to produce up-to-date visuals and content.
- Develop social media campaigns for all church events, ministry initiatives and ministry efforts.
- Create compelling content and manage Beachcities social media channels (Instagram and Facebook) with weekly content
- Manage conversations on all Beachcities social media channels
- Manage monthly newsletter
- Oversee content on Beachcities website: day-to day maintenance, content creation, updates and analytical analysis.
- Assist in the design, development and production of internal and external publications (including, but not limited to: weekend bulletins and slides, monthly emails, ads, posters and other marketing materials as requested by Communication Director)
- Assist in all Communication projects (including, but not limited to: construction and installation of any creative experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- 1-2 years of experience in social media, marketing, communication or related field.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, with proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office experience, with proficiency in Powerpoint.
- Active knowledge about social media
- Experience with ProPresentor, MailChimp and email marketing a plus
- Must attend Beachcities Church as home church upon hire
- Must be a team player
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Participate as an active member in Communication Meetings and Weekend Production Meetings
If you are interested in an internship in the following departments:
- Family Ministries (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, Junior High, or High School)
- Small Groups
- Women’s Ministry
- Communications (Social Media/Photography)
Please follow the instructions for application submission. Please explain what internship interests you in your cover letter.
The same follow-up process will apply, and Marissa Schneider will connect with you upon review of your application materials.