Beachcities Job Opportunities
Every Beachcities staff position is more than a 9-5 job. We look for self-starters that passionate about helping people in Huntington Beach (and beyond!) find Christ and grow. If any of the open positions below seem to line up with your skills, passions, and goals, we’d love to hear from you! If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
Current Job Openings
Job Title: Operations Director
Job Status: Full Time; Salaried
Reports to: Church Administrator
Direct Reports: It Director, Cleaning Crew Director, Facilities Director, Accountant, Office Assistant, Database Administrator, Security Coordinator, Hospitality Coordinator
Job Scope/Description: Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s operational policies, objectives, initiatives. By leading and managing staff and volunteers to oversee the following areas: Facilities, Cleaning Crew, Maintenance, IT, Finances, Human Resources, Property Management, Office Assistant, and Database Administrator. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Strategic Development and Performance Management
• Development of the annual budget and cash flow planning
• Research, develop and implement multi-campus strategic plan
• Work with and develop personnel for key areas
Financial Management and Accounting
• Oversee staff who processes income, invoices and payroll
• Manage and oversee monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements
• Manage HR administration including policies and time-off
• Review and manage employee benefits
• Perform and/or oversee budget analysis
Facilities Operations and Management
• Manage staff who oversees building maintenance and security
• Hire, contract and manage third party vendors including but not limited to alarm company and landscaping
• Lead and manage staff and volunteers who oversee maintenance and janitorial
• Implement and manage building, room use and room configuration systems
• Lead and manage staff and volunteers who oversee greeters, ushers, parking, security and hospitality.
• Oversee the ordering and tracking of supplies and equipment
Business Development and Management
• Manage administrative office environment and personnel
• IT development, implementation and management
• Develop and implement policies, procedures and form documents
• 3-5 related experience required, preferably management experience.
• Bachelors Degree minimum
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Strong background in operations, financial management, IT and accounting
• Strong people skills
• Smart and strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Entrepreneurial spirit and experience within professional services field
• Experience with Business and Accounting software
Job Title: Adult Ministry Director
Reports to: Church Administrator
Direct Reports: Programming Coordinator, Small Groups Director, Women’s Ministry Director, 1-1 Care Coordinator, ROF Volunteer Leads, Men’s Ministry Volunteer Leads
Job Scope/Description: Leads and manages staff and volunteers that oversee programs and events that cater to the spiritual needs of adults in the church.
• Participates in preaching rotation
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for adult discipleship
• Coordinate additional events like weddings, funerals, etc.
• Lead the staff/volunteers who oversee the following programming:
- New Believer’s class/small groups
- Adult baptism
- Churchwide adult assimilation
- Small Groups
- Women’s ministry
- Men’s ministry
- Care ministries
- ROF Ministry
- Additional programming including conferences and classes.
• Bachelors Degree required
• 5+ years of ministry experience
• 3+ years of management/leadership experience
Title: Communications Director
Status & Salary: Full-time salary position
Reports to: Church Administrator
Job Summary: The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications strategies to church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying the church vision and communication priorities to appropriate audiences through various channels.
• Leadership: Big-picture planner. Must be able to implement communication strategies for all Beachcities ministries. Provide leadership and management in the area of external/internal communications and marketing through all mediums
• Relational: Must be able to interface with ministry leaders and church leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communication. Connect with other staff members on a personal, face-to-face and regular basis to understand their needs.
• Coaching/Training: Create and then educate staff about procedures and processes for our church communication strategy. Meet them where they are in their level of understanding and help them come to know how a marketing strategy can improve the overall effectiveness of church communication.
• Creativity: Continually look for ways to communicate existing church-wide and ministry programs in creative ways that will evoke a response from the congregation and community.
• Marketing/Public Relations: Assess and determine the most effective ways to communicate a message to its intended audience.
• Organizational/Strategic Planning: Understand vision cast by leadership and organize communication messages in a way that best reflects church priorities. Must be good at problem solving and decision-making. Strategic thinking with strong attention to detail.
• Writing: Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. This individual serves as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence and consistency. Write and edit communication messages for use in various mediums and to various audiences.
Responsible for all church communication channels including but not limited to:
• Social Media
• E-mail blasts, etc.
Communication Strategy & Project Management
• Uphold brand standards across all communication channels by managing out communication process and Beachcities Style Guide.
• Develop, direct and implement Beachcities marketing strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events and other major campaigns. Work to define, develop and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences
• Facilitate proactive communication ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives.
• Oversee all written materials related to promotions
• This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communication.
• Work with designer on content creation and other efforts related to the creation and development of Beachcities websites.
• Proactively work to make sure that Beachcities has an effective web presence by creating content and updating weekly.
• Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies.
• Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
• Oversee all individual ministry accounts and uphold brand standards consistency.
• Implement and manage building, room use and room configuration systems.
• Work as a member of the Visual Communications team to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
• Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship audience.
• Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals.
• Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as writers, social media gurus, etc.
Job Title: Cleaning Crew Director
Department: Operations Department
Job Status: Full Time; Hourly
Reports to: Operations Director
Direct Reports: Cleaning Crew
Job Scope/Description: Manage, lead and direct the Cleaning Crew who is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the church and offices, provide general custodial services, prepare the building for daily ministry programming and provide support for churchwide events.
• Recruit, hire, train and manage a full Cleaning Crew.
• Keep the church facility clean, attractive, and well-maintained, inside and out, ensuring clean, safe, and engaging environments.
• Set up and prepare the church for ministry events including but not limited to weekend services, mid-week programming and special events both onsite and offsite.
• Maintain cleaning supply inventory.
• Maintain online church facility calendar.
• Possess a high school diploma or hold a general education degree (GED) certificate.
• Be a self-starter and able to work independently (unsupervised).
• Be in good physical health.
• Be flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of church activities.
• Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Able to utilize church software.
If you are interested in an internship in the following departments:
- Family Ministries (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, Junior High, or High School)
- Small Groups
- Women’s Ministry
- Communications (Social Media/Photography)
Please follow the instructions for application submission. Please explain what internship interests you in your cover letter.
The same follow-up process will apply, and Marissa Schneider will connect with you upon review of your application materials.
How to apply (please read carefully, incomplete applicants will not be considered)
If you are interested in any of the open positions, please do the following:
- Review the job posting in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Marissa Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview. Due to the high volume of applicants, please allow us time to review your resume before contacting us on the status of your application.
- If your application is disqualified, you will be notified via email.