April 23, 2016: Worship Auditions
The ultimate purpose of our lives is to worship the One we were created by and for. The Beachcities worship team exists to model lives of worship for our church. We do this by leading our church off stage by the example of our lives, as well as on stage through music. Worshipping God through music is an important aspect of our weekend services because it serves as a backdrop for God’s people to enter into his presence. With that, we are looking for musicians who are humble, passionate and authentic.
If you believe you have a musical gift and would audition for the worship ministry please read through the audition process and commitment details below.
- Fill out and submit and application.
- Come to the worship auditions April 23rd at 9am.
The first part of the audition is a musical.
- You will be asked to play through two songs. One provided ahead of time and one that will be given to you day of the audition.
- Vocalist will be asked to sing a song of their choosing A cappella. Two songs will be sang with a worship leader. We are primarily looking for singers who can harmonize.
The second part of the audition will be an in person interview with different members of our staff and team.
- If both the interview and music audition is a success, you will join the team on a 60-day provisional period.
- At the end of the provisional phase you will either be asked to commit to a full year or pursue other serving opportunities within the church.
Details Of Commitment
- One full year serving on the worship team.
- At the end of that year you will be asked if you would like to re-up for another year.
- Commitment to developing musically.
- Commitment to pursue spiritual development, accountability, and devotion.
- Commit to a servant attitude, understanding the “bigger picture” of worship.
- Responsive communication / access to email.
- There are three rotating bands.
- You will either serve on a band that rotates every three weeks and plays all three services.
- Or you will be a “call musician.” Someone who can fill in on any given weekend when cancelations occur.